Can't use windows update, freezes iexplore window

Status
Not open for further replies.

siedog

Hello,

I'm not sure if i'm affected, but thought I'd give it a shot here for some advice.

I have Win 2000 pro, and ran Windows Update. I was able to get to the site, install some windows update software, ran updates and found some updates to download. I chose to install, and it stalled while it kept on saying preparing to download and install. I decided to end the iexplore.exe process in the task manager and try to go back to Windows Update again, but now it stalls without even going to the page. I noticed one of my svchost.exe is up to 35,908 in mem usage. I have already tried soft and hard booting, but still stalls when I try to go to the update site. The internet explorer window would freeze, and I would need to close out iexplore.exe in the task manager.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Simon

Thanks for the link and file, but after running it, it still freezes the IE window when trying to run windows updates from the Tools -> Windows Update link. Is there another fix? Is there another way to access Windows Update to download new patches?

Please help because I haven't updated my Windows in awhile.

Thanks.

Thank you so very much!!! After installing this hotfix, I was able to go to WIndows Update with no issues and install the latest security and other fixes. Appreciate it so very much!!

UPDATE: this is now happening again for some reason. (Please someone read original post I made back in Oct 07). Please someone help me!! I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back