cant work it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

This site which I regularly use has stopped working for me but all my friends can still access it. Is there a way to 'ping' it as such or any other way to get it to work?

If the site is still working the security settings on your system are probably the reason for your not being able to visit the site. Reset all your browser settings to default and also check that the site address is not listed as a blocked site. Do this same check with your firewall - or disable the firewall pro tem to check.

Would you like me to check the site? Please type in entire URL- don't use any of the URL shortening methods.

It would also be helpful to know what 'stopped working' means.

If you are using IE, go to tools, security and set all zones to default level. At the same place, click on the no-entry sign to check that url is not listed there.
Check also add-ons (tools > manage add-ons)

If you can ping microsoft,com and not google.com I have no idea what this might be (if not already covered above).
Perhaps one of the gurus??

Just had a thought on another thread - maybe it is a firewall setting on the router?
Bobby123 - what modem router do you have?

OK - most Belkins have a firewall built in. Open the browser and type into the address line 192.168.2.1 (this is the usual IP address for a belkin router - if yours has been changed to something different, use that one). The default use is admin and the password also admin - if yours has been changed you will have to use that.
Navigate down the left hand menu and select security. Disable all the settings (you can always reset them once we have found out about this) and save them. The router may go through the reboot process.
Restart everything and tell us if we have found it.

I don't know- there were 'only' 6 posts yesterday! Maybe some of the suggestions are being tried. But it wouldn't be the first time we didn't hear back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back