Capacitors next to Processor bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTGear

Hi, I was recently cleaning out my Motherboard of dust and I noticed a couple of my Capacitors are bent. I checked to see was any Electrolyte leaking and there isnt. Also my computer hasnt been showing the usual symptoms of a bad capacitor. What should I do? should I try to bend them back in place or leave them be.

Is the capacitor itself bent, or the metal contacts that connect it to the board?

It shouldn't cause a problem if it's just the contacts, as long as they don't break off.

Its the contacts that are bent, i just looked again to make sure. So it shouldnt cause any problem?

Most times thats the way they came from the factory. It doesnt matter a bit if the metal legs are bent or not, the capacitors will work the same.
I get the feeling you are worried that you may have bent them during cleanup. They often get bent when installing other parts on the motherboard. Its not a problem as long as the 2 legs stay connected. And if your pc is working fine there is your proof.

As long as there is good contact, and they aren't leaking, you should be ok. A lot of times they are bent away from the CPU on purpose so they don't interfere with installation of a CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back