Card to match speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiophobe

hey i own a logitech 5.1 z640 speaker sysyem.
i was looking at an audigy zs 2 sound card.
the prices are very similar. both cost roughly £50.
i really dont know much about this sort of thing and was just curious if the card is worth it in combination with the speakers and there would be noticeable difference then if i bought a cheaper one.

thanx

The ZS2 is total overkill for that speaker system. An SB Live Digital 5.1 would be a better match. There are also some good cards out with the VIA Envy chipset that are vey good.

really. lol. you've saved me some money then. Im using onboard at the moment and I realise it could be improved. wouldnt an audigy es for £20-30 be an improvement on a live though?

I have an Audigy in my main computer and a SB Live Digital in my other and there really isnt a big difference in sound quality. The second computer has a set of Altec Lansing speakers similar to the Logitechs you have and the SB card was a huge improvement over the onboard Realtek sound.

thanx mate. ive found a live 5.1 for 25 and an audigy es for 35. i was thinking ten pounds isnt much and it would be more up to date. esp if im upgrading or using it on my technics nxt door? would that make sense?

thanx once again from saving me spending double that amount :)

ok cant actually find the audigy es.
is anything wrong with the ls? its not as good as the es right? but no big problems? s

ok cant actually find the audigy es.
is anything wrong with the ls? its not as good as the es right? but no big problems

sorry to be annoying and bring this up but i read (just before buying) that the audigys are really 16bit shams. Should i be looking for another budget card? or even company making it?

I've got reviews up of 3 Audigy cards (Audigy, Audigy 2 & Audigy 2 ZS) on the site. But, yeah, the Audigy is basically a 16/48 card (The other 2 aren't but they will resample anything below 48kHz). Then again if you go for another budget Soundcard then that probably is what you'd be getting anyway. Might want to try looking at a M-Audio Revolution 5.1 perhaps? But beyond that there's not much difference between that & a Audigy 2 ZS. The Revolution sounds better basically, but the Audigy is the best as regards games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back