Case & CPU temperature (Quick Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was searching some websites about cpu and case coooling.

I wanted to know if the temperatures for case at about 77f max and the cpu at around 171f. Is this normal or is it too high, if it is too high wat can i do the make it right.

Specs.
P4 2.4ghzA (prescott) 533 Fsb
Gigabyte P4 Titan
256mb ram pc3200
128mb ram pc2100 (for now)
128mb ATI 9200se (for now)
2 60gig hd's 7200rpm
xdreamer 2fans

welcome to techspot!

If your cpu is running at 171F then that is to hot. You could get water cooling (but i think that is way to expensive) or get some fans? I dont know your budget but fans is prob. youre best choice. you should also try motherboard manager with cpu idle. These two programs could help keep your cpu cooler. Hope it helps!

Sean :darth:

don't waste your time with cooling software. it just makes your CPU waste time doing nothing; not something you want to do with a perfectly good CPU (even less desirable with a slow CPU)

Solutions are: Better heatsink, there are lots to choose from, various ones depending on CPU and price. (HEATSINK REVIEWS AND TIPS). Good heatsink compound (Arctic Silver) properly applied between heatsink and CPU. And keeping your heatsink clean from dust and hair.

Tarkus said:
don't waste your time with cooling software. it just makes your CPU waste time doing nothing; not something you want to do with a perfectly good CPU (even less desirable with a slow CPU)

Thanks for making me look dumb Tarkus.... :p. Just kidding

Sean :darth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back