"case opened, press spacebar" on boot ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

Ok, I built a system for my oldest daughter based on the take offs of my own upgrades. A MSI Kt4AV mobo is now her mobo. The odd thing now when booting is it asks EVERY time on boot, to press the space bar as the case has been opened. I had opened and closed my case a gazillion times during my time with this mobo and never got this message. It's a new case but essentially it is my entire old system, never happend once to, happens EVERY time with hers. If you don't hit the space bar within 3 secs of boot, it "hangs" on that screen and you have to reset it. Any ideas, I've looked through the CMOS and see no on/off for this option. Just annoying, not a major issue.

Some cases have a small switch, located somewhere around the side panel. This switch gets activated when the side panel is closed. If the side panel is not activating the switch, it will send a signal to the mobo, saying the side panel is open. A small cable goes from the switch to the mobo headers. It is possible that this switch has gone bad.

If this is the case with your`s. Simple unplugging the wire from the mobo should stop it.

If that`s not the case, then I`m out of ideas.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back