Raiden

hey guyz
its my first time building my own cpu,and i got most of the parts,
the only thing i need is the casing for my p4 motherboard
and my budget is only from $70-$100.
so i nid the perfect casing for me...

tnx,
Jack

well, what parts do you have? do u need a power supply too?
what are you trying to build? something awesome looking? or, just normal? Its kinda about personal preference...
Tell us what you are looking for...

Chaz D.

P.S. Im selling a computer case + powersupply thats nearly brand new if you are interested....
This is the one....
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6801311&type=product&id=1091099784169

P.S.S. Apologies if this violates any type of TechSpot rules, if it has, please let me know....just trying to help out another member...

i forgot that i need a casing w/ PSU about 400w up

here's the what i got so far:
P4 2.6 w/motherboard w/built-in sound Card
1 gb memory
256 ati radeon VC
dvd writer
dvd drive
floppy drive
80 gb hd
20 gb hd
modem/lan card

and i want it cool looking and has a usb port in front

TNX again :grinthumb

ps: thnx Howard for the site! it has a lot of casing and its cheap

Just a hint. Most PSUs that come with cases (except Antec etc.) are total crap. I would not use them unless all other powersupplies in the world were destroyed :p

Sean

I guess I have been lucky. I bought a modded case that came with a 600W PSU. IT's been working great for about a year now.

Cases are such a personal thing, aren't they. I like simple and... elegant. And QUIET.

I went for THIS case and love it.

Not recommended if you plan to overclock (unless you are using liquid cooling) as it is designed for silence, not extreme cooling needs.

This one also comes with a 450w power supply (Antec). Great deal at just over a hundred bucks for the set.

With your budget, and the fact, that a decent psu is very important.

I`d recommend you go with the case suggested by DonNagual.

As AtK SpAdE so eloquently put it, the psu`s that come with the majority of cases are crap.

You only have to search around these forums, to realise that a lot of computer problems are caused by cheap no name brand psu`s.

Regards Howard :) :)

Actually, I do have one complaint about the Antec sonataII case (the one I am suggesting above). It does not have a removable motherboard tray. In case you are going to buy this one, I want to give you all the info.

But for the price, I still think it is an excellent deal especially with that high quality power supply.

Sounds good buddy...it will be an unbeatable price too....not even close to the Best Buy one :)

Contact me by private message when you decide :)

Thanks!!

chaz d. said:
Sounds good buddy...it will be an unbeatable price too....not even close to the Best Buy one :)

Contact me by email when you decide :)

Thanks!!

It`s not a good idea to display your e-mail address on a public forum.

It would be better for you to use a PM if you want to contact someone
privately.

May I suggest that you edit your post, and remove your e-mail address.

Regards Howard. :)

most motherboards are ATX format. A few are micro ATX. Even fewer (new ones) are BTX.

As long as your case supports ATX you should be fine. Find out what size your motherbaord is. Otherwise get the other types - whatever applies.

Blakhart said:
Howard has a pimp case, ask him for a pic!

Mmm. :p

As requested lol

DSCF0690_filtered.jpg

Regards Howard :haha:

Howard, you HAVE to post a pic now. I am dying to see this pimp-mobile if the rumors are true!!

EDIT: I see you have just posted it. And the ruling by the jury is.... pimp. 100%!! :haha:

DonNagual said:
Howard, you HAVE to post a pic now. I am dying to see this pimp-mobile if the rumors are true!!

EDIT: I see you have just posted it. And the ruling by the jury is.... pimp. 100%!! :haha:

Well! what do you think?

I think it`s great, but then again I would wouldn`t I ;) ;)

Regards Howard :haha:

howard_hopkinso said:
As AtK SpAdE so eloquently put it, the psu`s that come with the majority of cases are crap.

Well i am a man of properly chosen words am i not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back