Casio BE-300 and Audiovox PPC4100

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahal

Hi all,

I've moved up in the world since my last login ... lol. Got my hands on the two above ... problems all round. Firstly, the BE-300. I'm completely in the dark about how to change the interface ... I'm not good at piddling with files. Obviously, it's pretty useless with the dull 'menu' that comes with it.

I'm not too worried about the interface, but I would like to be able to load CE3.0 programs. I spent ages messing with it only to find that Casio's system is a VARIANT of CE, rather than CE! Incidentally, I couldn't connect to my PC via Activesync 3 / 3.8. Upgraded to 4.2 ( which I thought would be too modern ) and it does work. I'd prefer NOT to use Casio's connectivity software if I can help it, now that I'm up and running.

The Audiovox is much nicer ( and newer ) ... bought it off a friend in Maine. I've been charging it for 3 days but it still says 'Internal battery missing'. Any ideas? I believe the internal batt. is soldered to the pcb by two 'legs'.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony.

PS: Will the PPC4100 run the latest software?

We don't understand quite what it is that you want?
Sounds like you have a bad Audiovox, and an ancient Casio?

Hi,

The Audiovox is fine apart from the backup battery issue. The "ancient" casio BE-300 ( 2004 ) comes with the lousey 'menu' as they do. I have been looking up some interfaces designed for it, but want to know what's the simplest and most straightforward to install.

Now that I have everything set up I don't want to go messing with a load of files in case I have problems. Seems that a lot of the software on the net comes in nuts and bolt form.

Thanks,

Anthony.

raybay said:
We don't understand quite what it is that you want?
Sounds like you have a bad Audiovox, and an ancient Casio?

So did you just come on to tell me this, or do you have some suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back