Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

transviruses

i dled the latestest display driver wihch is Catalyst® 7.2 Display Driver for my ATI X800 PRo video card but during the installation there was an error i have tried several times it keeps giving me that error
Untitled-1.jpg

it says "Setup was unable to complete the installation. try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver bfre running setup"
how do i fix this problem?

pc specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ~2.2Ghz (socket 754)
Asus K8N-E motherboard
ATI X800 PRO 256mb
DirectX 9.0c
1G of RAM
160gb HDD
Win XP SP2
19" Viewsonic Professional Series P95f+

thx in advance

Catalyst download

Do you have an older version installed now ?
What version ?
Did you list your card description right ?
Your download is just an update,not the complete install.
Start with your cd complete version.
I also notice you have a lot running like Nortons.
First,use save to Desktop not install and close your browser and Nortons.
Then dbl click the download.
I have ATI Radion 9600,no problem updateing from 5.1

thx for ur suggestions

yes i do i an older version installed(i think its just the version before the current one) but i cant find the previous version but i did get the date of the driver whihc is 2006-12-16.
hmmm weird just couple mins ago i tried to install it again and this time worked... i didnt change any settings on my video card or anything it just worked like magic!!... lol

I wonder if your Norton anti-virus interfered. I usually turn my anti-virus off before installing programs or graphics drivers.

Did you have some other anti-virus program installed before? I guess my point is if an anti-virus runs an automatic scan, update or similar at the same time you are trying to install something, that could cause a problem. I'm just speculating on a possible cause since I have no way of knowing for sure.

My driver date

transviruses said:
thx for ur suggestions

yes i do i an older version installed(i think its just the version before the current one) but i cant find the previous version but i did get the date of the driver whihc is 2006-12-16.
hmmm weird just couple mins ago i tried to install it again and this time worked... i didnt change any settings on my video card or anything it just worked like magic!!... lol
The previous versions of all drivers is in sysdm/hardware.
I updated Tue with no problem,but heres my new driver date.
================
ATI Technologies Inc.
2/2/2007

mailpup said:
Did you have some other anti-virus program installed before? I guess my point is if an anti-virus runs an automatic scan, update or similar at the same time you are trying to install something, that could cause a problem. I'm just speculating on a possible cause since I have no way of knowing for sure.

nope i did not have any antivirus or firewall program before i installed NIS 2007. I see i get your point ty

zipperman said:
The previous versions of all drivers is in sysdm/hardware.
I updated Tue with no problem,but heres my new driver date.
================
ATI Technologies Inc.
2/2/2007

yup mines updated, we got the same version.

Ok

Glad you got it done.Not sure if i had anything to do with the install
problem.But always use save,not install.I think it's best to close your browser and turn off Vscan temporarily as mine calls it.Fix-It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back