CD Burning in Win XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company I work for have just upgraded our network to Windows XP Pro. We have locked down the whole network and are slowly releasing bits and pieces as users show a need. One thing that we are currently trying to do is allow standard users to burn CDs.
We have managed to set the policy that allows them to actually burn the CDs, but they still can't copy files onto the CD-RW drive (where Administrator can).
The temporary file location is in Documents and Settings/<username>/Local Settings/.../CD Burner/
I've tried giving full permissions to that directory tree to the user with <username> but I still can't put files into that folder as that user. The folder continually has the Read-Only attribute set, regardless of my un-setting it as Administrator.
Can anyone help with this?

Also, after we have sorted this out, we might want to move the CD Burner directory to the user's profile directory on our central server, but I've heard there might be issues regarding burning files from a network. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance.

We're trying to use XP Pro's in-built CD burning facility (ie drag the files onto the CD-RW drive).

The users have basic Domain User rights, and not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back