CD burning: own burned CD's are not recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear folks,

Laptop met teac-dw-224e combo drive (burns CD's only, no DVD's), XP home.

Situation A:
I have no special burning software, I use standard XP features. CD & DVD's ready bought, or burned by others are working just fine. Burning of CD's
doesn't work as XP doesn't recognize a blanc CD rw disc, CD drive makes jamming noise. Hardware seems to be fine.

Situation B:
After installation of NERO Oem all works fine for a few weeks, as well as burning of CD's.Today's situation: blanc CD rw's are recognised, burning process with Nero seems to be normal, but afterwards the freshly burned CD is not recognised, both Nero & My Computer (in which I tried to open the CD) get frozen and need to be closed with CTRL+ALT+DEL. CD drive makes jamming noise. Hardware seems to be fine. The same problem as in situation A, except: Nero recognises blanc CD rw's, burning process seems to work fine, but the freshly burned CD is not recognised.

I tried many brand discs, all the same!

Who can help me? Thanks, Max.

If you are receiving the same type of noise with or without any burning software, it sounds like a bad drive. A CDR-W disk will only be recognized by the same drive it was burned on, but a CDR disk should be recognized by any drive in any computer. Is it possible that something was jammed into the tray when the drive was closed?? If not, best bet is a bad cd rom drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back