CD Desolving Glue Remover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanslayer

I have a set of CDs that I put labels on. The labels are paper with some sort of glue on them. They were designed for CD and I got them at Rite Aid. I'm wondering if there is a way of removing the labels without hurting the CD's. I scraped a label of one with a knife, but the surface is still sticks, and it took forever. Any ideas? Thanks.

I would say soak the cd in warm, NOT HOT water with a little washing up detergent.

This should soften the glue, and enable you to remove the label easier.

Regards Howard :)

the simpilist solution would be to copy the disks to another Cd that doesnt have a label on it.

You might try rubbing alcohol. It usually can remove stickers and things like that. I tried it on a cd, and the cd didn't dissolve or anything, at least not yet ;).

I don't think acetone hurts cds. Just a sec I have some in my office at work I'll test.

Update 1: DO NOT USE ACETONE it does not play well with cds.

IsoOctane might work, I'll test that in a bit.

Update 2: IsoOctane works fine, doesn't damage the cd at all.

OK, first, it's a game cd, so I can't copy it. Second, it has a label underneath that I don't want to hurt. Thanks for all your help.

Yeah, I don't know why I did it, it was Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna too. Nice Pic. Anyway, I used warm water and detergent, and it worked fine. Still a little sticky, but thanks howard, and anyone else that answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back