CD drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlip67

Until about a month ago, my drive was working perfectly fine. All of a sudden it just stopped. Whenever i put a CD in and try to run it, it says there is no disk in the drive, and when i try to burn a CD, same. I think laptop CD drive HATE me cuz the same problem happened to both of my old laptops. the EXACT same problem :(.

its a Compaq CD-r/RW Burner/DVD-ROM. that comes with the compaq presario 1500, and i cant afford a new one at the moment (i am still in high school, and have like 25 dollars available to me, half of which is canadian, other half is american),

The burner is sold NEW on eBay for 24.99 plus shipping. Go mow a few lawns, and wash a few hubcaps to make up the difference. Search for compaq presario 1500 CD drive or Compaq Presario 1500 CD or Compaq Presario 1500 burner.
Optical drives are fragile, wear out fast, and seldom last more than a year. Buying new, and taking care of it by frequently blowing out the dust and hair with dust off or other canned air computer cleaner can boost your CD drive live by two years IF YOU DO NOT USE IT FOR GAMING.
The Compaq Presario is simply not rugged enough to use for gaming or other intense use.
Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back