CD Drive quits reading disc halfway through installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I was trying to install a game recently, and when the installation hit 49% the drive sounded like it quit running. A few seconds later I got an error message saying there was a problem copying one of the files to my hard drive and gave me the choices to abort, retry, or ignore. Retry did nothing and ignore skipped that particular file only to do it again. The installation was barely continuing and it gave me another message that the installation had failed.

If anyone has any idea what is going on and how I could fix it, please post back.

Thanks,
Batosai

Take it back to EB games.

If you bought it used from there then they should refund your money or give you another copy.

Alternatively, they usually have a disk doctor type thing in the store and will try to polish out the scratches.

Or use a soft lint-free cloth and some car-polish. Gently rub it in circles, then clean under the tap if needed. Gets rid of scratches in spectacle lenses as well.

Or see if you can copy the drive contents to your hd and install from there. OR make an ISO of the disk, and mount that iso with daemon tools and try to install from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back