CD DRIVE-SHOWS-O bytes space

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new and would like your help. my CD-rom drive is showing no files in it.....
when i right click and see its properties, in it the USED space AND AVAILABLE space = 0 bytes......Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

That usually means either
  • There is no CD in drive
  • There is a CD in the drive BUT the drive can't read it
Why don't you start by putting a pre-recorded CD in there that you know is good and it has read before. Then check properties again

/* Edit - Added Comment */
And since you call it a "CD-ROM" drive make sure it is a CD in there, not a DVD as a drive labeled whose name is listed simply as "CD" drive won't read DVDs (vs. one labeled CD/DVD drive)

its a DVD drive and i have done both the things u mentioned.....
ne more suggestions then please help.... URGENT......
THANKS FOR HELP...

Do you have a bootable cd? Like a Windows install disk, a memtest disk, linux disk, anything thats bootable will work. Put that in, make sure your bios is set to check the cd drive first and see if you can boot off of it.

If not, check all the cable connections (power at drive, ide at drive, ide at motherboard). IF it still doesn't work, your drive is dead.

If it does work, but still doesn't work in Windows, delete it from device manager and reboot.

BALAJII said:
I am new and would like your help. my CD-rom drive is showing no files in it.....
when i right click and see its properties, in it the USED space AND AVAILABLE space = 0 bytes......Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

This is because a CD drive does not contain any space, a CD or DVD are what contains the space and the CD drive is just to read or burn information from or onto these disks.

If you were to insert a DVD into your DVD drive than you should see the data and how much space is on the disk.

Unless this is your problem, where you have a DVD in your drive and nothing is showing up in your DVD drive. Make sure It is properly connected, try what SNGX1275's suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back