Cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple1ma

This is my first computer i've ever built and im having trouble finding a logical way to connect my CD drive to my motherboard. Right now i have my hard drive IDE connector plugged in then im using one of the connectors into my hard drive and the other into my cd drive. Im pretty sure that this isn't the right way to do it but my motherboard only has 1 IDE connector. Im using an EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1. Are there newer CD drives that dont require an IDE connection or something??

Also, when i boot up i get past the bios then when the Windows logo comes on the screen i get a blue screen but it goes off my screen so quickly that i cant even get a glimpse of what it says. Im using an old hard drive that already has windows xp installed on it, but i dont have the CDs handy.. Do i have to get them and boot up using the cds?

specs

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 ATX Intel
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz 2x4MB L2 Cache
2gb OCZ Gold ddr2 800
ABS 700w power supply
BFG 8800gtx 768mb 384bit
160gb Segate Barracuda 7200rpm

Heh, my last version of windows wasnt genuine but i guess ill go out and buy it =p. So what im thinking is i should go out buy a new hard drive, a copy of windows xp. The new hard drive shouldnt use a IDE interface right? If thats the case then i'll keep my old hard drive connected using the IDE as a slave then transfer all my stuff onto the new one then disconnect the old one.

oh and im in the US btw

thanks for the reply :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back