CD & DVD Drives Have Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone can help me. My E & F drives have disappeared from windows explorer. When I go into set-up during the boot-up process the drives are displayed. When I go through My Computer->Properties->Hardware->->Device Manager the DVD/CD Drices have an explaination mark with the following error message: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41). I have uninstalled the drives, tried them one at a time with the same results - windows recognizes the new hardware, installs driveers and then gives me the following error message: A problem occurred during hardware installation. Your new hardware may not work properly. I have also deleted the drivers and reloaded all new ones. Nothing seems to work.

Any assistance is most appreciated.

EdL

Uninstall the drivers for the IDE controller and let Windows reinstall those. And/or get the latest version from the mobo maker's website.

Nodsu,

Thanks, but I have removed the ide controllers and had windows recognize them and reinstall but the results are the same. I'm currently trying to get the Lite-On SOHW-1693S working. I figure if I can get one working, I should be able to get the other one also. The manufacturers web-site has no driver or firmfare to download. http://www.liteon.com/prod/getDriver.do?action=driver

EdL

Triton,

You are the man. Deleting the Lower & Upper limits worked like a charm.

:grinthumb

Thanks,

EdL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back