CD Projekt Red says Cyberpunk 2077's stability is now "satisfactory"

midian182

Staff member
In a nutshell: It's been more than six months since Cyberpunk 2077, possibly the most hyped game of all time, released, and CD Projekt Red's boss finally believes it has achieved a "satisfactory level" of stability.

To say Cyberpunk 2077's release was not the critical success CD Projekt Red hoped for is an understatement. The bugs, performance issues, and nearly unplayable last-gen console versions came as a huge disappointment to fans expecting one of the best games of all time from the Witcher 3 makers.

There have been several updates and hotfixes since Cyberpunk 2077 arrived, making it a lot more playable. Speaking at WSE Innovation Day (via TVN24), CD Projekt Red CEO Adam Kiciński said of the game, "We have already reached a satisfactory level [of stability]. We have also been working on the overall efficiency, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and glitches, and we will continue to do that."

It was back in April when CDPR said it wouldn't be giving up on Cyberpunk 2077 and still wanted to turn it into a game it could be "proud of." A roadmap earlier this year confirmed that free DLC was still arriving in 2021, as is the free next-gen console update. Whether this will give it a No Man's Sky-style resurgence in player numbers remains to be seen.

"We intend to live up to what we promised our gamers in January. While we already see major improvements, a large part of the team continues to work on making sure that Cyberpunk provides even better entertainment to gamers," Kiciński added.

Cyberpunk 2077 returned to the PlayStation Store recently, six months after it was pulled over horrendous performance problems, game-breaking bugs, and graphical issues that plagued the PS4 version. Unfortunately for owners of the non-Pro PlayStation 4, CDPR warns that the game will still experience "performance issues" on the base version of Sony's console.

Permalink to story.

I downloaded Cyberpunk, installed it and played it on day one - while simultaneously live streaming.

There were very minor bugs, but nothing game breaking and I really enjoyed it.

On the PC...

This game never should have been released on the consoles unless it was targeted for PS5 and Xbox Series X.

I was using a 2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 and an Intel 5960x in maximum settings and it was doing just fine.
I was also using 3090 FTW3, 64GB DDR4 nd n Intel Core i9 Extreme in Psycho mode Max settings. No problems whatsoever.

Later on, as patches started to roll out, I started experiencing more bugs. Some of them were game breaking (new missions wouldn't load).

I played through the game twice (Corpo and Street Kid).

I my play through it once more.

The only downside is having to sit through the slow dialogue early on. The side missions are awesome and very well crafted.

Last edited:
I bought this on day one for full price and played over 100 hours without any major bugs at all. There were a few visual discrepancies but that’s it. I actually had more issues with Red Dead Redemption 2.

Clearly there were issues but it seems that users on modern Nvidia cards were the least affected.

Why are they congratulating themselves though? Being stable was always the bare minimum but the *tons* of missing content and features that were heavily implied or even promised and never materialized well, I guess those are just gone then?

Or are they going to call them "DLC"? Because sure they could that but that would ruin much of the reputation CDPR has among PC Players which is incredibly rich, game sized DLC. If we don't even have a full game as they promised how are we ever going to get to a Witcher 3 level DLC with this turd?

The answer seems obvious to me: it's never going to happen because they are just trying to abandon this game: they've got their money and they explicitly promised to work on more games at the same time so they're basically doing what EA or Activision do with DLC which is just an afterthought and never taken seriously.

I paid $20 for Witcher 3, and felt I paid too much for it: there's nothing cohesive to do in the game after the intro, and the side- quests using Witcher powers are all incredibly confusing to complete.

This game will have to drop down to ten before I jump-in.

Why are they congratulating themselves though? Being stable was always the bare minimum but the *tons* of missing content and features that were heavily implied or even promised and never materialized well, I guess those are just gone then?

Or are they going to call them "DLC"? Because sure they could that but that would ruin much of the reputation CDPR has among PC Players which is incredibly rich, game sized DLC. If we don't even have a full game as they promised how are we ever going to get to a Witcher 3 level DLC with this turd?

The answer seems obvious to me: it's never going to happen because they are just trying to abandon this game: they've got their money and they explicitly promised to work on more games at the same time so they're basically doing what EA or Activision do with DLC which is just an afterthought and never taken seriously.
This, so much this. Remember the adverts of V on the metro? Still in the marketing I believe, Not a single metro station was finished, no trains, nothing.

They still market the game with features that still don't exist anywhere in the game. And how do you DLC that? "Cyberpunk 2077: Metro DLC" We finally add the metro like we'd been showing off for years now...

I've got it on epic, 50% off, that time the pc version was 1.22. Thought it was good price and good timing. Well, the game engine wasnt 100% stable, I had several crashes and freezes during my 60 hrs. The stability was sub par among other games I played this and prev years. But absolutely cp2077 costs every cent. And I hope the vowed dlcs are coming in foreseaable future. I'd even pay for them, of course w/o preorders, no thanks.

I'm still in the first 10 hours reaching a level where the textures disappear under my legs. After so many patches this issue is still not fixed. Unbelievable the state this game has been released.

I don't get the glass half empty - they still made good money on this and they will make more . Witcher 3 release some free DLCs are then 2 expansions 2 & 3 years later .
Of course their concern is to get it bug free . My take is the same some free Dlcs will come as promised - then at least 1 $20 to $30 DLC will come - why not easy money - not as easy as Call of Duty reskinned - plus they know there is a whole second and third wave buyers out there like me . I'm no hurry - Cyberpunk 2077 +expansion $30 GOTY - more million sales - after game money +expansion money .

TL/DR CD Projekt Red - still got a lot of goodwill , and a brand to protect ( they are not puppets of a bigger company ) + lots more money to be made on the IP

Last edited:
I don't get the glass half empty - they still made good money on this and they will make more . Witcher 3 release some free DLCs are then 2 expansions 2 & 3 years later .
Of course their concern is to get it bug free . My take is the same some free Dlcs will come as promised - then at least 1 $20 to $30 DLC will come - why not easy money - not as easy as Call of Duty reskinned - plus they know there is a whole second and third wave buyers out there like me . I'm no hurry - Cyberpunk 2077 +expansion $30 GOTY - more million sales - after game money +expansion money .

TL/DR CD Projekt Red - still got a lot of goodwill , and a brand to protect ( they are not puppets of a bigger company ) + lots more money to be made on the IP
They've got good will precisely because of naiive people like you: They got one good game and one really good game under their belt (Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 respectively) that's simply not enough to have this good of a reputation that you think 2077 being abandoned won't be the new normal for them.

Not satisfactory for base PS4 or Xbox One though. Decent on the pro and X versions of the old consoles. The youtube videos I have seen show the fps for base consoles dropping to the low 20s in firefights.

Back