Cd rom drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell dimension c521 computer and my cd drive is not working. I cannot get anywhere with dell. Help! When I insert a cd the light blinks a few times and it makes some beeping noises and stops. When I click on the icon it tells me to insert the disk but it doesn't read it. This happens with all of my cd's. I went to the device manager and clicked on the drive and I got the message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). I tried checking for solutions and nothing. I also ran spy software and still nothing. HELP!!!!

Just a suggeston...

Have you tried to reinstall the driver by going into the My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager, then right clicking on the CD-Rom drive then going to Properties -> Driver -> Reinstall Driver. If that dosen't work you might try to uninstall the drive completly and having the computer search for hardware changes.

You may also want to substitute in a different unit (borrow one if you can) and see if that one works right. If so, buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back