cdr/ cdrw problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had a cdr cdrw drive installed in my computer (hp ME) when i try to copy files i get a error message of "no supported cdr/cdrw drive" I can copy music files but I can't copy data (picture files) . The person who installed it hasn't called me back in 8 weeks. I think he forgot to give me the software disk for it. It's an {utmost internal eide cdr/cdrw drive. 52x24x52}

also when I try to load programs I get an error message of "windows installer
unexpected termination" "the I/O operation has beed aborted because of thread exit or an application request"
I would really appreciate any help.
thanks for your time.

Welcome to TechSpot

Tell us a bit more about your PC and what is on it (use my.TS.forum top-left)
Do you have a program like Nero or EasyCD or the likes?
With XP, some sort of burning software is included in the OS, in any others you need to install it separately.

cdr /cdrw problems

it's hewlett packard, ME, 766MHz, 64MB, 30GB, it has adaptec cd creator which goes with my sony mavica cd 200 camera and the guy just installed
nero. i can copy music on nero but i can't copy pictures on either program
thanks for the help

Nero and Adaptec are mortal enemies on the same machine.You should commit to one program .Then completely uninstall the other (Nero has clean up tools,definitey clean the registry )
You might find an Aspi layer issue when you are done the uninstall but both websites have tools to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back