Certain Grpahics Card For My Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SooUnreal

I have a 128mb GeForce FX 5200 but isnt properly working, i had bought a new graphics card before this also, Ati Radeon 9200 i think, but that didnt work at all.
The problem with my current one is that it cant play games, it goes all funny when i load a 3D game up. It works pretty much ok with 3D programs.

Im thinking i need to get a certain type of card for my computer.

What would you suggest? please..

Can you tell us what your motherboard is?

If you are tying to play any of the recent 3D games I have to be honest. From a strictly GAMING standpoint, your computer is very old (1Ghz MMX CPU) , and no matter what kind of graphics card you get you will not be able to get them to run well, if at all.

But if you can tell us about your motherboard, we can tell you whether or not you will be able to use that 5200 card or not, and if not, then we can tell you what cards you CAN buy that will work with your system.

Ok got that downloaded and loaded up...

for the motherboard it has a blank space for Manufacturer and model
the info it did have was:

Chipset - SIS, 730
Southbridge - SIS, ID0008
Sensor - IT, 0

Thanks for your help so far.

Its all blank..

I had to uninstall the GeForce as i needed to, to load certain programs, maybe this is why its blank. :confused:

It may be because that program CPU-Z simply doesn't have any information on your motherboard in it's database, so it can't probe it.

This makes it a little hard for us to give you any pointers without knowing about yoru motherboard, but let's try a few things.

So, you are using the 5200 graphics card now, right? And it works fine for everything except when you try and run games?

Can you tell us what games it is you're trying to run?

Have you tried upgrading the video drivers? Go to http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp and follow the links for "video driver" then "geforce" then "windows XP" or whatever version of windows you have.

Do you have the box or any documents for the card? Does it say PCI or AGP anywhere on it? I am thinking your card is probably a PCI type card.

Yeah, 5200..

Freelancer, Impossible Creatures, Motorcross Madness 2, Medevil total war and Rome Total war are the main games ive tryed and dont work properly with the graphics card.

Its known as a OEM card, these cards do not come with with drivers, so i downloaded it from that website neither did it come with a box. (brand new from eBay)

Im pretty sure it is AGP though.

I found an article with some detailed info on your chipset HERE

It looks like you do in fact have an AGP slot in there, but I don't know what type it is (it looks like it may be 4x).

But I notice that it also does have integrated graphics. Did you uninstall the integrated graphics drivers before installing the 5200? And... a stupid question that has to be asked... do you have your monitor plugged into the 5200 card (as opposed to the motherboards integrated graphics port)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back