Change "It is now safe to turn off computer" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

Ok, I recently installed a thing on my computer called the eXPerience Pack. It was ment to make windows 98 look like windows xp. But it looked nothing at all like windows xp so i uninstalled it. The pack came with its own "It is now safe to turn off your computer" message. When i uninstalled the pack everything was uninstalled apart from its own it is now safe to turn off your computer message. I really dont like this message and was wondering if there was any way of getting the original windows 98 one back. Is their anything i need to copy off the windows 98 CD?

Thanks, Nissanman

Just repair the operating system, by installing windows 98, its probaly that it erased the system files.because when u install any theme manager, it will install system dll that manage with Gui, so when it uninstalls, i will remove all those files without reinstalling them.So just install but make sure u back up yo system, you will be asked to. also make u dont format anything.Wish u luck.

i am not a W98 user, but you could try a systems restore if you have that facility. it may be better to live with it, rather than delving into the technical stuff and messing up your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back