Changed integrated sound card for Sound Blasster Live but it is not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed integrated sound card for Sound Blasster Live but it is not working right. It shows up in the device mnager, but when I go to Start>>Settings>>Control Panel>>Sounds & Audio Devices, it shows that there is NO AUDIO DEVICES.....why. I am running Windows XP Pro, on a P4-1.8, which has an Asus motherboard model P4S333.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First. Go into your bios, and disable your onboard sound, and save and exit bios.

Once your computer has booted up, go into contol panel, and double click the sounds and audio devices icon.

Click on the audio tab, and set the sound playback device to your new soundcard.

Do the same for the sound recording device. Click on the voice tab and do the same. Click apply/ok.

Make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your new soundcard, and that your speakers are plugged into the new soundcard.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Problem Resolved, Thanks To Everyone For The Help

Problem Resolved, Thanks To Everyone For The Help. I Actually Had Done Everything Suggested But This Morning I Decided To Re-install Windows Xp Pro, Thinking Maybe Since The Audio Card Changes Occured After The Original Install, That Maybe This Might Help, And By George It Did,. Just Thought I Would Mention It In Case Anyone Else Has This Same Issue Down The Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back