Changing IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Joe

I may be in the wrong forum, but because you guys know it all, I thought I'd ask.

I have an issue(which I will explain if asked) where I would like to change my IP address.

Is this possible? or is the only way to use a different computer? or would that even work?

It's got me pissed off so I'm willing to go to most any lengths.

-joe

Right click the Network Neighbourhood, properties. Right-click the network adapter you want to change the IP of, properties. TCP/IP, properties. Put in any IP you like.

The advice above is correct, but most likely totally useless to you :p

Please do explain what your problem is and what you really want to achieve.. Did you make naughty comments on a website? Had a power trip in an IRC channel? :p

Oh, and what kind of an internet connection you have?

If you are just looking to change your ip, and dont want to fiddle, like me you can use "Hide IP Platinum" which changes your ip address to another country and is configerable and stuff.

Nodsu said:
Please do explain what your problem is and what you really want to achieve.. Did you make naughty comments on a website? Had a power trip in an IRC channel? :p

Oh, and what kind of an internet connection you have?

I have a cable connection with ComCast, and those IRC network guys always power trip on me, so I avoid the networks and just enjoy the services ;)

Deal is, I wanted to flame on some people in another forum, not outright but sorta sly like. They said some mean things to my sister, but that's a different story.

I thought she was just telling me about this new forum, so I registered with my usual username and address and the likes. Come to find out she was saying she needed someone on her side over there. So before I ever posted anything I tried to change username and everything, but that option was not available. So i registered for a second time with the new name I wanted and then before I could post with that name I was completely banned due to "duplicate usernames" and I only suspect it's because they saw my computer address on file twice. Does that make sense?

Now that you all know the whole story, any particular help would really help.

Thanks -joe

I can see how you feel, but we can`t really help you for obvious reasons.

We wouldn`t allow flaming here, so it`s not something you should do anywhere else.

I was completely banned due to "duplicate usernames" and I only suspect it's because they saw my computer address on file twice. Does that make sense?

Yes, that does make sense. It`s the sort of thing we`d do too.

I think your best bet would be to forget about it. The best thing your sister can do, is contact the site admin and report the flamer. If the site is run anything like Techspot, action will be taken.

I am closing this thread, before someone says something stupid.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back