Changing tv format on nvidia geforce4 mx440 from ntsc to pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

upallnightoo

i just downloaded and installed the following nvidia driver {win9x_53.04} for my nvidia geforce4 mx440 and im wondering, does anyone know how to change the country tv format from ntsc to pal as the picture is black n white using the ntsc format.......no good when your tv is a pal......please...a working max payne 2 for the first person to conclude this problem

You need to switch over between NTSC and PAL, as well as between F-BAS (composite, mixed signals etc.) and S-Video/S-VHS

A BIOS editor will include the option of PAL or NTSC on the tv-out.

I'm not sure which flashing utility you'll need, guessing a quick google search will give you what you want.

Simply edit your current BIOS and choos the tv-out format you want (PAL or NTSC) while leaving the other options alone...then re-flash the video cards BIOS, no problem....the directions are included in the BIOS editor readme

:)

just ignore this, problem solved, because it was working in the past I could - and did - solve the problem with a system restore...

(
Hello upallnightoo,

Can you tell me how you fixed this problem? Or can someone else help me?

I also don't know how to switch the tv-out to PAL, I also have NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Actually ASUS v9180 magic (R2.00A) v43.45A), but that seems to be the same thing, Windows recognises it as the NVIDIA)

All worked well for years, I never knew there was the issue of PAL and NTSC, nor did I know if it was set properly in the past. But because of some other problem I installed other drivers (and unfortunately I didn't save the old one, nor do I know where that one came from, stupid stupid), and now I have black and white picture...

I can see with NVIDEO control panel, television setup wizard that it is now in NTSC mode, but that doesn't offer the possibility to change it.
I also tried tvtool, that also shows it is in NTSC mode but the panel for selecting the mode is locked to NTSC.
I don't fully understand the BIOS editor thing, I tried one BIOS editor but it didn't recognise my hardware...
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back