Changing WPS and WKS files to Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
iMac G5

Need to know how to change my old window's 98 files from WPS and WKS
to DOC, so I can read them with my iMacG5. (OSX Panther 10.3.9)

They are all my recipes and the only ones I can open are the ones I had
written in DOC. (Only 4 out of 100). (I picked a quantity of blackberries
yesterday, and can't access my Blackberry Crunch recipe.)

I have them all on a CD-R disk. They install perfectly and are currently on my imac G5 harddrive. The folder and files come up. Each individual recipe heading shows, but the only ones I can
access and open to read are the ones marked .doc
This tells me that if I can change the others to .doc, 'I've got it made!'. https://www.techspot.com/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=16#

Any help would be appreciated. Bye. Francey

You could try installing OpenOffice and seeing if its filters can get them.

Or open them up on a winders machine with office and re-save them as RTF or TXT or something.

Changing file ext from .wks & .wps to .doc or .txt

((You could try installing OpenOffice and seeing if its filters can get them.))

Hi: I checked out OpenOffice and don't see anything relating to an OSX for download.

((Or open them up on a winders machine with office and re-save them as RTF or TXT or something.))

I have the old Sony that made these files, and I suppose I could individually change each file, but have no way of transferring
them from the Sony to the Mac. The old burner in the Sony was the cause of the blue-screen and subsequent purchase of the Mac.

Since I can bring up all the files in a group marked .wks and .wps, isn't there some way of changing ALL those files at once to .doc or .txt, since they are already stored in the Mac harddrive? You'd think with all the miracles the computer world does, such a rather simple procedure could be done, such as changing the file extensions. I'm not as computer-literate as others, so need help with stuff like this. Surely there is a procedure one can follow to make this change? ??? I appreciate the advice. Bye. Francey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back