Chassis Intruded ! -I don't have a chassis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse_hz

Hi
In November last year I wanted to try and overclock my CPU through bios.
Couldn't do that!
Tryed doing it through windows but my 550 cpu just wouldn't go any higher than 3480hz without becoming unstable so I tryed to look for any vcore settings in my bios.
None!
So I looked all over the web trying to find a hacked bios for my (OEM) MS-7091 board but with no luck.

I recently bought a new ASUS P5GDC-V board and it booted up fine a couple of times then when I tryed to overclock I miscalculated and set my fsb too high. I thought the c.p.r. function would reset the settings, but it didn't and by mistake I removed the chassis jumper intead of the bios reset.
I replaced the jumper and reset the bios and now it keeps giving me the Chassis Intruded ! message although the jumper is in the right place.
Any help?

That's the point of chassis intrusion detection - it tells you someone has opened the case at some point. An alert saying that the case is open right now would be just stupid - you are at the computer you can see that the thing is open yourself.

So what you're saying is I have to flash the board with a new bios before I can use my com, but it can't get it to boot from anything. Not my HD, my floppydrive or the recovery cd.
It just stops at the "Chassis Intrude !/System Halted" message.

Can't you get to BIOS and disable the warning?

If not, check from the manual how to do it. If you don't have the manual on paper, you should be able to download it from manufacturer's site.

If it goes threw the post then try hitting alt and f2 together while its booting up with a emergency disk in the floppy drive and it will force a bios flash manually.Thats the good thing about ASUS.Look in your motherboard manul to make a emergency disk .I turned my off from the start,but normally you can access bios to turn yours off.

You push alt and f2 before post.While you can see your grafic bio show up.Try another jumper, maybe its messed up.

I've tryed hundreds of jumpers, and it still ain't working and I read that one wrong I did mean alt+F2. I've read the manual, and tapping Delete doesn't do sqkkwoaut!

Do you have only a black screen or does it go threw the post report and stop at intrusion report??look in my gallery, I have a post for your motherboard to load your bios .If that dont work then you got a defective hardware because if the jumper is on the pins right its suppose to work without the message.I know because asus hasent let me down yet and Ive owned asus boards since the athlon k7 came out and I'm very satisfied.Or try changing your keyboard out,worth the try. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back