cheap win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all i have a question on these so called cheap win xp oem editions i got an email from allsoftpossible that can sell me oem win xp pro for 89.95 this is not the 1st and won t be the last has anyone bought from these people or others ? it seems too good to be true BUT ? i am tempted i see it too on ebay is it safe to buy from these sources ? or is it a rip off please help

most of those "oem" bargins are XP disks sold overseas and do not come with a COA. and in microsofts eyes are not legal versions of Windows.

as long as its sealed in bag with the oem book
it is legal to use.
the trouble starts when you want to move it from one motherboard to another M$ will not give you new key
as oem stays with the first board that you install on

Beware when you buy OEM. It is illegal to sell an OEM copy of windows with out setting some sort of hardware. Like a CD rom or HDD. If they are goign to sell it to you for that cheap and nothing else. There is something going on and you shouldn't trust that website.

eBay

I'd suggest checking eBay, just make sure the person you're buying from has good (and a decent amount of) feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back