Check out the first official trailer for Captain Marvel

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Marvel has been crushing it in theaters as of late with hits like Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War. With its first female lead set to appear in Captain Marvel, the studio will likely continue to ride the wave of success into the foreseeable future.

Marvel Entertainment on Tuesday published the first official trailer for Captain Marvel. The teaser, which opens with the title character crashing through the roof of a Blockbuster Video store (it is set in the 90s, after all), debuted on Good Morning America and provides our first good look at Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel.

The 21st film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the first with a female superhero lead, Captain Marvel will tell the story of Danvers – a former U.S. Air Force pilot – as she returns to Earth after joining Starforce. Entertainment Weekly ran an excellent feature on the flick earlier this month complete with exclusive images should you want to learn more.

Captain Marvel lands in theaters on March 8, 2019.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Apparently, we don't count Elektra as being a Marvel movie?

I know it sucked... but still....

Elektra is a "Marvel" movie the same way that Spider-Man 1/2/3, Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, Fantastic 4/Rise of the Silver Surfer, Daredevil, the FF reboot, all of the X-Men/Daredevil movies, & even Deadpool 1 & 2 are "Marvel" movies: they're based on Marvel Comics characters, & officially licensed from Marvel Entertainment, but they're not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)...Which is probably why the comment about it being the first with a female lead is in the same sentence about it being the 21st movie set in the MCU.

Apparently, we don't count Elektra as being a Marvel movie?

I know it sucked... but still....

Elektra is a "Marvel" movie the same way that Spider-Man 1/2/3, Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, Fantastic 4/Rise of the Silver Surfer, Daredevil, the FF reboot, all of the X-Men/Daredevil movies, & even Deadpool 1 & 2 are "Marvel" movies: they're based on Marvel Comics characters, & officially licensed from Marvel Entertainment, but they're not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)...Which is probably why the comment about it being the first with a female lead is in the same sentence about it being the 21st movie set in the MCU.

My hunch though is that Marvel is debating rolling the X-men into the MCU a little, now that they own the rights to the movies again. I doubt Deadpool will, but he will probably continue to be a 'side thread' to the X-men's 'side thread' to the MCU, if they go the route of tying the mutant plot lines into MCU.

Hmmm. Looks interesting, to me anyway. Perhaps the breath of fresh air that, IMO, the MCU needs (outside of Doctor Strange and the Captain America movies)?

Then again, IMO, the best of the MU right now was this past season, Season 5, of "Agents of Shield".

Back