Chlorine + Rubbing Alcohol = Bad

T

tifc8lraz

A few days ago a student in my high school saw a video on youtube that teaches people how to make a Chlorine Bomb from basic home-made materials....and it didn't go so well.... Why someone would shake the bottle in front of them I don't know, as well as the fact why they would make such a device :confused: ! Well, least to say, his vision will be regained in about six months :( .

Here's the video if you want to see (on Fox25 Boston News).

:haha: :D

The Fox video showed that the original video's title. I went to YouTube and searched for the title; that video was cool.

I'll have to rig a device so that I can get the alcohol to be dumped in there while I'm standing about 20 feet away (with my brother's camcorder :) ).

:unch: !

The one problem you might have: criminal charges :mad: ! What would provoke someone to make a "bomb"? What is the purpose? I still don't see :suspiciou...

I don't think techspot condones this type of activity. There are too many weirdos and downright evil people out there that actually may want to try something like this.

There are so many things wrong with that.

The kid deserves it, you do stupid stuff as a kid, sometimes you get hurt, live and learn. I can't believe the parents are "horrified" you could do this with stuff around the house, at least it didn't indicate they were going to try to sue someone. Police are still "investigating" wtf is that? The kid did it wrong and hurt himself, nobody else, why does there need to be an investigation into this? Perhaps they think he's a terrorist.

Was he using a glass bottle? Sure looks like he was based on the holes in his shirt and cuts on his hands. If he did use glass he really deserves what he got. There are ways to do these things without getting anyone hurt.

It's amazing to see what certain chemicals can do when you mix them....apparently he never took Chemistry ;) . To think the school mascot shirt he was wearing was blue....now it's orange.

Apparently someone on the internet posted it s a recipe to make a glow stick... hence the shaking...and the watching

Back