Choosing a motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm new to overclocking. I've done a ton of research lately into choosing the right components, and I seem to have seen a consensus that Asus and Gigabyte are the best bands for overclocking. Is this accurate? I've looked at my options and narrowed it down to the following favorites:

Asus P5K3 Deluxe WiFi
Asus Striker Extreme
Gigabyte P35-DS3P

However, one (maybe two) of these says it is CrossFire ready, and I had planned on using one of the new GeForce graphics cards. Will this be a problem? Do I need to go with one that is specifically Nvidia compatible? I've also considered these motherboards:

Asus P5W DH-Deluxe WiFi
Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi-AP
Asus Commando
Asus P5B Premium Vista Edition
Asus P5NT-WS nForce 680I
Gigabyte N650SLI-DS4
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R

What's my best option?

Thanks
Billy

Edit: Sorry, didn't think to add other specs first time around. Here's what other components I'm thinking about:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 6320 or 6420
GPU: nvida GeForce 8xxx
RAM: 4 GB, don't know brand or speed yet
Not sure about power source/heat sink yet

If one v card is all u are going to ever use it does not matter but if u plan on using the second latter u should go with a SLI MB.

Take a look here on this forum by searching for those boards.
Then go to the excellent motherboard reviews at www.tomshardware.com and www.anandtech.com... among others.
I wouldn't give a twit for an ASUS board, myself. Their tech support and finaal phase manufacturing have slipped down to below average.
I was wondering why you didn't include any eVGA boards in the search, as well... I do like the Gigabyte boards better than the ASUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back