Choosing the right RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 2.8 MHz processor, Dell Dimension 4600 Motherboard, and (2x128)MB (PC2700) DDR SDRAM. My question is, can these sticks fit into my computer? They're "CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory"

you need to go to dell website and check their support section to see what speeds of ram your motherboard supports. or run a utility like SIW or PC Wizard 2006 to find out what chipset your motherboard has.

Do what iss suggested. Use the info about ur mobo chipset from PC Wizard 2006 to go to that specific manufacturer's website and check out what speed of RAM ur mobo supports. For example if u have a VIA chipset. Go to www.viaarena.com
Or tell me the chipset name and i'll get u the info.

I use 865 motherboards, I have no memory compatiblity issues. But I have Asus motherboard with regular BIOS updates, and your Dell may not. The Corsair should be fine, but no garentee.

Okay, I'll try her out I guess. I might try and contact a local computer guy, I just don't want to have to pay any consoltation fees or whatever. Sorry I'm such a noob at hardware and stuff.

Yeah ur chipset supports the memory ur buying. Upto 4 GB of DDR400 184-pin unbuffered SDRAM is supported, so u'll have no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back