CiD advertisements (seen 1 post on this subject but user didnt post a .log file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood619

Ive noticed this problem scince yesterday when the secondary account on the computer started having pop-ups coming through the blocker, it seemed to have spread to the main account now.

The program that apparently installed it was windows live plus, and after searching around I was told to uninstall the sponser program from add/remove programs. I did but the problem did not stop, i even uninstalled the full program, but the pop-ups still appear.

Ive been told to post here to get some help and that I should get the hijackthis program, rename it and get a .log which is attached.

Any help would be nice.

Brotherhood619

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Let`s get rid of your popup problem.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ALCXMNTR.EXE
extrabody.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bind balm window safe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Gpl Bash Bind Balm\extrabody.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Gpl Bash Bind Balm<Delete the entire folder.
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re having any other problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Brotherhood619 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks for the info

the programs

ALCXMNTR.EXE
extrabody.exe

were not present o the task manager processes but the other instructions were fine it might take a while to see if this solution has actually worked but heres the hjt log like you requested

until you post again i'll keep going round the net to see if it pops up again

Your HJT log is clean.

Unless you have further problems, you should be good to go.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Brotherhood619 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

nope everything seems fine thanks for the help and i'll reccomend this site to anyone whos having problems like these

thanks
brotherhood619

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back