CiD Pop ups please help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackerdan

I have been putting up with annoying pop ups for months now and i have only just found out what my problem is, its called CiD but there is no easy way to remove it for me i have tried so much:
*Deleted traces of CiD from my hosts file,
*Couldn't find anything to do with CiD in my add and remove,
*I removed a very suspect file called "stupid ooz.exe" which was in a folder called...damn i forgot name of folder but it had the word (JOY) in it and i have heard many cases where that word has been used with CiD. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data was where it was found.
*NoLop didnt find anything.
*AVG antispy ware didn't solve it
*This strange uninstall file i downloaded that was supposed to uninstall anything CiD related didnt work. http://nb.dns-look-up.com/bins/uninstall.exe
*and finally my IE explorer temporary net files have been deleted, not that i use it, i use firefox, but CiD manages to bring up pop ups !!!

There is one thing i saw in forums the tech person would ask to see a hijack this log file fair enough they can respond on what to do (for that particular person), that means i don't know what to look for in the log file. Also i am new to Tech support forums so this is my last resort. P.S. my safe mode is a bit dodgy...long story, can i use an ultimate boot CD or try another account or something.

Thank you to any one who can help me !!!

Daniel.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of crackerdan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

O.K. Thank you so much, i will send those to you on my next reboot.

Oh and by the way just letting you know that i do NOT use this computer for any business,online banking and purchasing anything over the internet.
Also i do not have any personal and or sensitive information, i mainly play online games,instant chat messaging,home work,music/movies,experiments with virtual machines. (studying I.T.)
I do not wish to reformat or re install windows at this point unless you strongly advise me to with a good reason.

Follow the instructions, post the requested logs, and we will get on with the cleanup process then.:)

This thread is for the use of crackerdan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

mm good newz i guess :)

Well i have taken the time to look at some other Anti-Virus,Anti-Spyware,Ad-Aware, and firewalls (All free) and i have updated them all and ran them all. Now my computer seems to be back to normal, bit slow on start up still but hey probably because of all my services on startup.

I will post all my logs later tonight or some time tomorrow just so you can have a look, and tell me if there is anything still there.
I also turned off my system restore and rebooted then turned it back on again so my system restore is now clean.

Thank you for your time Rik. :)

P.S.
I think these forums are really good (lots of information about computer care).

No problem mate, i'm glad to hear that your pc is running better.:)

I could take a look at your HJT log if you want, just to be on the safe side!?!?
Although the tools in the link are very good, nothing is 100% when it comes to spyware.

Keep an eye on things and feel free to post in this thread if you have any further problems.:)

yeah dude i will send you a combo fix and hijackthis logs soon (tomorrow or later tonight) because im still downloading,
also just a question, i have AVG anti-Spyware 7.5 at the moment, its good but it says i need to pay with in 30days or it will shut down some of its main features :( so my question is....do you know any good FREE anti-spyware monitor/protection apps ?

Whenever you are ready is fine by me.:)

My avg has done the same, the only things that dont work are the auto update and the active protection. As long as you remenber to update it manually and scan regularly then you can carry on using it as i do.

here is a NEW hijackthis log because unfortunatly combofix didn't create a log file. so here is my hijackthis log tell me if you see anything, oh and by the way my computer has been running alot better lately. no more CiD !!!! yay :)

Erm, you missed the log out.

It needs to be an attachment, not pasted.

I will repeat it again.

It needs to be an attachment, not pasted.

You also have not re-named HijackThis.exe as per the instructions, please do so and make a new log.

You have not re-named HijackThis.exe as per the instructions, please do so and make a new log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back