CiD Pop ups won't go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got CiD pop ups on our PC please can someone view the HijackThis log and explain what I need to do, thank-you.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
hi cc73, and welcome to techspot.

there a couple of suspect entries in the log.
first you need to chang the name of 'hijack this' to 'analyse this' or something similar. the reason for this, is that there are some bugs that can hide from it under its original name. after you have done this place it in programme files in its own folder. then go to
THIS LOCATION
please follow all the instructions, after that post your fresh 'hjt' log and 'avg' log this thread is for CC73 only. if youhave similar problems , please start a new thread in 'security and the web' forum.

first you need to chang the name of 'hijack this' to 'analyse this'

Not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

this how the entry looks now: C:\unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe the section on bold, rename it to 'analyse this' the create a new folder, cut and paste into the new folder, then cut and paste the new folder into programme files. then rename that file too. if its not clear, plase ask again.
it should then look like this: C:\programme files\hijack this\analyse this

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of CC73 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

CC73 said:
Do I cut and past the whole log file after renaming it from Hijack to Analyse to a new folder?
once you have created hijack this in progamme files, the file it generates should be saved there automatically on your selection of save as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back