CiD Virus Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sampapa

Hello, TechSpot!

As you may be able to tell, im new at TechSpot so here is my Hello to all of you.

Anyways, onto my problem. I have been infected with the CiD Virus. Avast! AntiVirus has not been able to track it down. I have tried a free scan using XoftSpySE and the scan results make me believe that things called FlashGet and Lop.com may be the problem here, as they both are associated with Internet Explorer.

I would like to know the appropriate steps to dealing with this problem, attached is my HijackThis log file, please go over it. I have also looked at another thread And followed those steps, but nothing matched.

I look forward to your responses.

Much thanks
~Sampapa

Thanks for the responses you two, but they didn't help. I have tried basically everything kritius has given me, and searched for MIXDOWNLOAD, no dice.

Sampapa said:
Thanks for the responses you two, but they didn't help. I have tried basically everything kritius has given me, and searched for MIXDOWNLOAD, no dice.

When you say you have tried basically everything what didnt you try? Or what didnt work?

uninstall any of the following program(s) using Add/Remove Programs if they are present. To do this, go to Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click on Add/Remove Programs. From within Add/Remove Programs highlight each one and select Remove.

Netpumper
BitRoll
CiD Help
CiD Manager
Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
Zone Media

Restart the computer

Run another scan with Hijackthis and attach a new log

Sorry for the late reply, I had an internet issue. I fixed CiD. Apprently when I was installing Windows Live Messenger Plus! I accidentally signed up for their Sponsorship Program. This was named "Messenger Plus! Sponsorship (CiD)" in the add/remove program area (Or CCleaner is what I used.)

yes, that is what they call a LOP infection. There may be one additional step. Hopefully you uninstalled all the sponsors. But the last step is just to make sure they didn't create any "jobs" before the were removed.

post this into Notepad
dir c:\windows\tasks\##.job /a h > files.txt
notepad files.txt

Save it as jobs.bat on your desktop. Save it as type all types *.*.

Doubleclick the file jobs.bat. A notepad file called files.txt will be created.

attach files.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back