class not registered ( 0x80040154 ) problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
please can someone help, i get this class not registered ( 0x80040154 ) messege everytime i boot up. Norton website says, to to help menu, select register but there's no such option.

iv'e spent weeks roaming aroungthe symantic support.

can someone tell me what on earth is going on and how to get around this problem?

thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In all honesty, Symantec/Norton crapware is more trouble than it`s worth.

It can be quite buggy, it`s not that good at stopping viruses and it slows your system down because it`s such a resource hog.

The best advice I can give you is to get rid of that bloatware ASAP.

If you`re intention is to keep it, then maybe uninstalling and reinstalling will solve you problem, maybe!

I don`t know if it`ll help, but here`s a couple of links to some Symantec/Norton threads we have. You can find them HERE and HERE.

However, if you don`t mind changing to something better, then the free AVG antivirus programme and either the free Zonealarm or the free Kerio firewall programmes are much better. Just Google for these.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

then the free AVG antivirus programme
this just stuck trojans on my computer like there's no tomorrow! i tried it abut six months ago, that and some other program but it was so problematic, is there any reason why?

everyone's talking about AVG, my wife has it on her computer and i'm not going to go into the trouble she's had since.

i'm not a techie and someone told me the only time i get viruses is when i download stuff. i download car films off racingflix.com the odd pdf file or piece of software.

thanks for your help so far but is there a good alternative to AVG?

All I can tell you, is AVG`s been on my computer for years and I`ve never had a problem.

As to alternatives to AVG. The free Avast antivirus programme seems to get some very good reviews. Maybe you`d like to give it a try. You can get it HERE.

Whatever you choose, it`s got to be better than Symantec/Norton.

Regards Howard :)

i remember now i was told to use AVG with microsoft spyblaster. is that a good combination?

thanks for your help and advice so far Horward, it's appreciated.

captain :bounce: :bounce:

Spyware blaster, if that`s what you mean, is a very good little programme. You can get it HERE.

The Microsoft antispyware programme is called Windows defender. I haven`t heard anything particularly bad about the pogramme, but I don`t think it`s necessary. Ewido/Spybot search and destroy/Ad-aware se/Spyware blaster and an antivirus and firewall programme is all you really need.

Take a look at this thread HERE. It will give you some good advice for keeping your computer secure.

Regards Howard :)

thanks for all the advice Howard. i'm going to remove norton and try doing everything you said. fingers crossed wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back