Clean Win2k install on a new used drive error 800b0100 HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Loaded windows 2ooo pro but had to use a couple diffrent CD's to get all the files to copy. I've been told this is ok. But when windows starts it tells me to put in the windows 2000 disk and then asks me to direct it to the D:\I386\NT5INF.CAT file. I've tried all I know to do but I'm hitting a brick wall.
The error log is this:
"Setup could not register OLE control C:\Winnt\system32\initpki.dll because exception c0000005 occurred at 6A1E32A8 in DllRegisterserver.
Signiture for windows 2000 Professional setup is invalid. Error code is 800b0100 No signature was present in the subject
Setup Failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more info.
The D:\I386\NT5INF.CAT catalog file could not be found. The error code is 1. This is a fatal error. Incorrect Function
This signature for Windows 2000 Professional setup is invalid. The error code is 1. Incorrect function
Setup Failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more info.

I've read this thread but nothing helped me. https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-8356-p-1.html

Any help with this would be great.

from what I have seen in my doing the same thing !!
check to see if they are the same service packs
you can't mix them up
I have successfully used 2 disc's when I have gotten read error ,but only with the same service pak
why did you need to use 2 diff disc's ??
when wiping a disc wipe out from the center to the edge do not wipe in circle.
if you can try a diff cdrom or dvd player to load from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back