Cleaning CPU fan!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the proper way to clean a CPU fan without using pressured air in a can?

When I overload my CPU with just counterstrike 1.6 this is what speedfan reads:

System 35 C
CPU 58 C
AUX 57 C
HD0 33 C
Core 42 C

I can tell that the tempatures are very high. When I first bought the computer the tempature for the CPU was 49 C, this was about a year ago.

My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ with ATX Dual Fan 450W Power Supply.

take the cpu cooler off, and then get an ear bud and get all the dust off you can, then get the vaccuum cleaner and do a quick run over it, and then just shake/blow the rest of it out

Remember to take the cooler OUT before doing any of that

Why I've taken a vacuum to the inside of my case, just turn it off first and stick the vacuum against the cpu fan the suction should get it spining pretty fast and sucking all the dust out of the fins or at least enough for a 2 minute job.

I use a paint brush. Carefully collecting the dust and keeping it off anything but the bottom of the case. I do this all the time. Q-tips work well on fans. I do this frequently keeping my pc's clean.

Hey guys I just cleaned my computer and I cleaned it for about 1 hour and a half and its EXCELLENT! the tempatures have gone done by about 8 degrees and the machine is soooo quiet I cant even hear it at all! thanks techspot!!!

theres still 1 problem It is a little bit to high for my liking so I might just get a new fan but this is a good temporary one

I just turned my fan speed up in BIOS to 3629 RPM is that to high for a fan speed?

pdyckman@comcas said:
I use a paint brush. Carefully collecting the dust and keeping it off anything but the bottom of the case. I do this all the time. Q-tips work well on fans. I do this frequently keeping my pc's clean.

I guess I'm not the only one.

I bought a brand new brush that I specifically on my PC for cleaning. I unscrew the fans and do it over the garbage can. It gets every nook and cranny. It works great on grill type covers.

Argh You wont believe this but..... This is the weirdest thing u guys are ever gonna hear..... I started playing warcraft3 again and my CPU tempature is about the same before I cleaned it (which was today) it was 54 C now its 52 C So i restarted and changed the fan speed alot higher now its even worse goes to 55 C I dont understand it when i first bought the machine it was 48 C.

nice idea with using a paint brush. I just cleaned my entire computer with one. fans, components, everything.

Cheers

Argh You wont believe this but..... This is the weirdest thing u guys are ever gonna hear..... I started playing warcraft3 again and my CPU tempature is about the same before I cleaned it (which was today) it was 54 C now its 52 C So i restarted and changed the fan speed alot higher now its even worse goes to 55 C I dont understand it when i first bought the machine it was 48 C.

Might try reapplying thermal paste and installing internal fans to improve air flow and overall temperatures.

SpeedFan is not a very good tool for temp checks, and frequently reports higher temps than normal. The best way to get an idea of your CPU temps is to use multiple programs like SiSoft Sandra, CoreTemp and RealTemp, along with SpeedFan, and see what temps each program reports. CoreTemp and RealTemp are usually pretty good indicators of real CPU temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back