Cleanup~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing my best to try and clean up my computer by following the sticky, but I have a little problem.

The online virus scanner won't work?
Located here~

It is just me?
I've tried both FireFox and Internet Explorer, and it won't work.

Is there another good one I could use instead?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In that case, just skip that for now and continue with the rest of the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of stherphranie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have merged your new thread into this one. Please continue to post in this thread.

Download Vundofix from HERE.

Double click the Vundofix.exe to run it.

Right click in the vundofix window and click add files.

Enter the full file path/s to the files you want Vundofix to delete and click the add files button, followed by the close window button. Click the remove vundo button and let Vundofix do it`s stuff.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into Vundofix.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\puzerp.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\Steph\Local Settings\Application Data\dsmuyjg.dll

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {05DF90CD-0427-B3CE-ED3C-06B01BA4C2BA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\puzerp.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E03C740E-BB24-4d3c-B92A-6F84DE1DD99C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dsnsvoyj.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dsmuyjg.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Steph\Local Settings\Application Data\dsmuyjg.dll",quhoxnb

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winrxa32 - winrxa32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of stherphranie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back