Cleared Cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you remove the battery or use a jumper to do it?

Be sure you replaced the battery, and parked the jumper in it's original position when you finished.

I did not take the battery out. So I should reset the cmos while the battery is out and then put the battery back afterwards?

I've never heard of clearning the CMOS to be harmful... And I've personally cleared the CMOS of possibly every known model of computer in the universe. ;)

Clearing the CMOS does nothing but reset the CMOS to the factory settings. It should not affect your BIOS or board whatsoever.

Chances are, you've messed something else (accidentally perhaps). Maybe you forgot to put the clear CMOS jumper back in the correct position, or knocked your video card or memory lose.. etc..

Try reseating key components, such as the memory and video card. Try clearing the CMOS again. Also check all of the jumpers and dip switches to ensure they are 100% correct. Anything can happen when you aren't looking, so expect the unexpected.

Although I've never seen static shock kill an electronic device, computer electronics are supposed to be very senstive to static electricity. Perhaps you managed to zap your board or another component while poking around in your system.

.. Just some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back