Clearing Windows Histroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

boeingfixer

Hey gang,

How do I clear the auto fill in history in Win XP ?? I am NOT talking about IE history, I know that, I am talking about when you go to a search engine or a website that you have to fill in blanks and such (like your name). Is there an easy way I don't know of to clear it out ??

Thanks a mil.

Ok, I think I got this one. Go to Tools-->Internet Options-->Content tab

Now you'll see a autocomplete form button at the bottom and a my profile button. I believe this is the source of your problem. You should be able to delete whatever information it has entered in there.

Hope this helps!!!

That looks like it Super, I have been missing it on my many searches thru my system trying to find the magic button. Thanks a mil pal !!

Originally posted by boeingfixer
That looks like it Super, I have been missing it on my many searches thru my system trying to find the magic button. Thanks a mil pal !!

The content tab just doesnt make sense....I have looked alot before for it.

Originally posted by svtcobra

The content tab just doesnt make sense....I have looked alot before for it.

Yeah I like the way somethings are named, why couldn't you just expand the history button or option to include anything you type into a blank ??

Not a problem boeingfixer!!! I agree with you guys, Microsoft has a weird way of naming things. I guess being locked up in a cubicle coding all day has their programmers going a little crazy! :evil:

Originally posted by Vehementi
Uhh...boeing...exactly why do you need to clear AutoComplete? :suspiciou

I had the question answered already. But like if I am on Ebay and do a search, all the things I have searched for are still there, or in a search engine. When I start typing, it tries to autocomplete. I just want to periodically clear them and start fresh.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Uhh...boeing...exactly why do you need to clear AutoComplete? :suspiciou
Not that this would affect Boeing, though on my last bosses laptop he had autocomplete on also, well, lets just say what he was searching for at askjeeves wouldn't please his wife ;)
I always have autocomplete disabled for a similar reason. particularly with username/passwords.

Originally posted by 3DSThomas

Not that this would affect Boeing, though on my last bosses laptop he had autocomplete on also, well, lets just say what he was searching for at askjeeves wouldn't please his wife ;)
I always have autocomplete disabled for a similar reason. particularly with username/passwords.

I agree, thats why I want it cleared and such. Not that it would get me into trouble, but one never knows who is looking over the shoulder. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back