Clicking noise from soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
it's the first time I post, I looked through the topics and couldn't find an answer. I have an Asus F3JM notebook with realtek HD soundcard. When the output jack is connected to external loudspekers (or headphones) I hear clicking static-like sounds, while the onboard speakers work fine. Has anyone had the same problem? May it be some software problem or is it just an impedance problem and there's no way to solve it? Thanks

Hello, i´m newbie here too, but i´ll give you my opinion anyways. If it was a software problem i guess that you should hear the same problem when using internal speakers, there should be no difference at all. Did you check your cables, plugs for any kind of damage? or the output jack, i get sometimes strange noises when having bad cables or loosie connections. If everything is correct it could be hardware related, damaged output jack or something.
Hope this helps,

Ralphmex.

I don't think it's software related, but it may be clicking because, like Raplhmex said, the connections are loose. Check the wires on your speakers/headphones to see if there are any rip/tears in the wiring. I have had similar issues with my old computer, and it ended up that the wire of my speakers was cut.

Thanks for the quick answers. Unfortunately it's doing it with every external loudspeaker/headphone, not just one :(, so maybe it's the jack plug itself that has some problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back