Clicking noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard132

when im playing games or browsing the web sometimes i hear like a mouse click sound is the only way to describe it and it happens sometimes alot and sometimes rare? is it something to worry about?

I sincerely hope the clicking noise isn`t coming from your hard drive. If it is, then usually that`s a sign of an impending hard drive failure.

Regards Howard :)

sorry for not being 100% clear :p the noise was from the speakers but it isnt a distortion noise it sounds like a mouseclick.mp3 file sort of thing? and when it does happen my computer will sound like its loading something?

that's weird, it could just be your speakers being funny or maybe something's up with your sound card but i'm not sure really :confused:

If you mute the volume, do you still get the clicking noise?

It could be that a power supply or amplifier component in your speakers is going, or has gone bad.

Does it just happen with certain games/programs?

Also, bring up the volume control panel that displays all the inputs. Mute all that you don't need:microphone, cd player, etc. If the clicking goes away, add one at a time back in until you get the noise again.

Regards Jase :)

Dont think i will be able to pin point it so easy because it happens like 6/7 times in a whole day and it can happen at anytime i will try it though :)

I think i know what you might be talking about. Sometimes when i would used to get popups, it would play that clicking sound and something would pop up. If you have a popup blocker it might catch it though. Im not sure if this is what ur talking about but check it out.

munch2477 and SNGX1275 both make good points, i'm always getting buzzing from my speakers from my phone ;)

i think google toolbar makes a noise when it blocks a pop up, do you have it installed?

Jas - didnt work :p

SNG - i know what a mobile buzz sounds like it isnt that for sure.

Dave - yes i do its build into firefox (unless i added it) but it has nothing to block if my IE isnt open ;o

for the pop up blocker...most of the time i didnt have my ie open and it would happen. make sure you don't have any pop up program on your computer. Sometimes it could just play the sound and nothing will pop up.

Ok, one last shot at it. Check out the sound control panel and play the Start Navigation sound (also try stop navigation). Is that it? If so then set your sound scheme to not play a sound for start navigation or just set Windows to No Sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back