clicking noises, BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been having a problem with clicking noises from my computer, a funny "bzzt" sound, and then a BSOD. The following errors are then reported:

0x00000003
0x8663FC38
0x8663FDAC
0x805F9F88

I've done what I can from the sticky about mini-dumps, without success. My computer is a Dell Dimension 8400, with no special add-ons.

Any ideas?

Have you checked for overheating? if so, check your fans for dust. 1 may have died. Just a thought....:confused:

Are the clicks different from the "bzzt" sound? Clicks are most often caused by failing hard drives, so if its clicking from the hard drive you need to get any valuable data off that thing immediately.

The clicks are different. They are more common, but always precede the humming sounding (which sounds a little like the computer running but isn't).

I used the temp scanning program mentioned in the sticky (temp was fine), and also cleaned my computer for dust with a can of air. It should be clean now. How do I know if a fan has died?

Everything is already all backed up. I was having bsod problems before and re-installed my hard drive, and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Now more disasters. It doesn't always crash, but it's become fairly common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back