ClockGen

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Does Clockgen really work for overclocking? I tried it, and it seems to improve performance, but is it really worth it? I can't overclock the GPU (It's an Intel 845 chipset), but the best I can manage is using ClockGen to OC the CPU. My question is, if anything, will ClockGen improve the smoothness of my graphics, or will I be left with jerky graphics untill I upgrade?

With the graphic card you have, most likely not. Overclocking usually doesn't get you that much further than what you have anyway. I would suggest that if/when you can, that you buy a new video card.

Now about performance....does Clockgen really improve performance? It seems to, because when I use Everest home to show to current CPU speed, it registers as going higher. For some reason, I have went as high as 2.8gHZ (I have a celeron 2.5) and the system shows a very high amount of stability...

That is good; you might notice a little better performance with heavy tasks, but otherwise, you won't notice really anything. My last celeron oc'd from 2.66GHz to 3.1GHz, but I wouldn't recommend an oc that high (too risky).

Probably, but the Intel GPU will hold you back. You can have a Core 2 Duo X6800, and a Geforce 6200, and it will perform poorly.

Now, here's a serious question: If you installed a cpu with bent pins (bent at the bottom, not at the top), and IT WORKS FINE, should you attempt to overclock it?

It's never safe to overclock a normal CPU. You can fry it.

I'm really amazed that it worked, even with bent pins. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back