Clockwork Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so im downloading a large file from the computer and i leave for about 2 hours and come back only to find my internet connection at full throttle my monitor in powersave mode and unresponsive and my entire comp frozen. My power source wont even respond i have to physically unplug my computer and plug it back in to turn it off. And once i plug it back in everything automatically starts up, which does not usually happen. That was the first time it happened and now just like clockwork about every two hours the whole thing will freeze up and i will have to unplug again and again.... I have used just about every untility i can think of to scan and straighten up my comp but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, its driving me INSANE. Thx

WinXP
AMD 64 3200
Asus A8V Motherboard
Nvidia Gforce FX 5700
Creative SB Audigy LS

Maybe Power Management is turning it off. Right click on the Desktop. Slect properties | screeensaver tab. Click Power button and check settings.

If you are downloading at "full throttle" and i happens every time after 2 hours, i would think heat could be an issue. What is the temp of your PC? If you are not downloading does it lock up? How about in games or other CPU intensive (ripping a DVD etc )programs. THe reason that your PC powered on after you unpluged and then plugged back in, is because (most likely) your BIOS is set to turn the PC back on after a power failure. Post back

Sean

Its possible that it is an overheating problem, ive had that in the past but in the past the comp will just shutdown, not freeze up. Also it doesnt matter whether or not im downloading something at the time. Many other programs run much higher without any issues so i dont think thats it. But unfortunately now every time i start my computer up im barraged by error msgs stating that:
lsass,exe, explorer.exe, mci command handling window:winlogin.exe, svchost.exe, services.exe all had aplication errors that ... refrenced memory at ... and could not be written. Then my hard drives shutoff and the blue screen pops up : Fatal system error winlogin process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005. WTF!!!! I have two hard drives so im really tempted to just reinstall windows on the other one and just reformat the ****ed up one. But i have a lot of things i dont want to lose so hopefully there is something around that. I hate windows....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back