Closing PC down issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfatgoalie

Hi all,

When I click shut down my CPU closes all the windows and does the usual stuff but then right at the end Im always left with the 'Ending program.... click here to end now (lose unsaved work etc) or wait for program to finish'
But when I leave it to finish it just says 'not repsonding' so I have to manually click OK to close it and shut down my PC.

Its not the biggest problem I guess but its annoying! Does anyone have an advice? the program is usually always "explorer.exe" and does happen in safe mode also. I think the other day it was "timer.exe" whatever that is!!?

I dont think it's a virus as I have had a pretty good clean out lately so maybe an Op system file?? I ran the SFC/Scan now but that picked up nothing.

Sadly I dont have my original XP disk as the shop wanted to charge me £90 for this when I got my PC a while back so I declined (always a gamble I know) so I cant re-load windows.

But any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

have you tried scanning your computer for spyware/viruses? if not, do that and try it again to see if the problem is fixed.

Yeah cheers mate, I have done that.

Ive been thru the prelim removal instructions and engaged with some fairly lenghty dialogue with Howard some I'm pretty happy my system is clean.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back