Cmos Jumpers causing boot failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
I have an asus a8n sli-premium, I recently updated the bios and got a "checksum error". I powered down, and wasn't able to start up again. I was instructed to reset the Cmos jumpers, I just found out that i should have removed the battery first. I think my PSU is causing the failure to even start up (the mobo led doesn't light up, and psu fan doesn't turn at all), but could this have been caused by my goof with the jumpers (or when when I get the new PSU will i have boot problems)? Thanks.

give us detailed specs of the system, it's parts (with thier respective manufacturers), and don't leave out the psu.

are you sure you applied the appropriate bios update for your motherboard?

Here are my specs.
AMD X2 4400+
Asus A8N Sli-Premium
2GB Patriot Pc 3200 DDR
2*250GB WD 250 GB Sata
E-VGA 7800 GTX
Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W
SB Audigy ZS
Lite-On DVD/CD-RW

I installed the 1009 drivers (which may be in beta, i'm not sure), i probably should have gone for the 1008.

I'm sending in the PSU to zipzoom today, i'm just worried that i'll also have to RMA the mobo. Would my goof with the jumpers give me a dead board? (i just read some fine print in the manual that said that this was possible).

is is possible to mess up a board by using incorrect jumper settings, but it is a possibility not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back