CMOS Reset in Toshiba Satellite A65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my first post from the new kid on the block. I hope that I maybe able to help someone as well as being helped. I always thought I was good at fixing things, but the laptop Satellite A65 has brought tears to my eyes. The bios password has been lost and I can't find anything on the motherboard to reset the CMOS. Can anyone help ?

Thanks much. I am out of town at this moment but as soon as I get back to Conroe, Texas I am going to take a run at this procedure.

Can't make it work

Unfortunately for me I cannot make this procedure work, the one using a db25 connector jumpered. The second one uses a floppy drive and I don't have one of those to experiment with. Thanks anyway, maybe there are others out there that might have some suggestions. Help, Buck

Cmos reset with the Toshiba Satellite A65

I don't have one of those either, but was planning on getting one. I don't know if it will read as drive A or not. I am not sure because I've never used a usb floppy drive. As soon as I find one I will try. I really appreciate you trying to help me with this problem. I did find the battery after taking the motherboard completely apart and unsolderd one side and let it set for awhile without the battery connected. Put it back together and tried the db25 jumper procedure but all failed. Still trying !

Thread start date 04-17-2007

******, instead of posting your support (?) here
Post in the appropriate forum and specifically thread
HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread (Aug - Oct 2008

Also ******, your email addy is not required, as we try to help for free here and in the open, forum (I realize you won't understand that!)

This post was in reply to a recent post (and member) now removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back